Jeez, I’ve been the worst blogger ever. Don’t worry, I’m still on the bandwagon despite having taken a rather lengthy break from the blog (6 days, okay sue me) but this week has been one giant plateau. My first week of paleo saw me losing almost 4 pounds, and now I’ve been stuck at the same weight for the entire week. I’m going to keep on with paleo for another week and see, but it’s possible my body just prefers not to be eating so much meat & protein and instead fares better with calorie counting. Or, maybe I should combine both.
This last week I accomplished quite a bit:
- Went to CrossFit at a new gym that had a free week to give it a try. That was Thursday and it’s Sunday and I still have aching legs. I ended up doing 30 deadlifts of 65 pounds which killed my legs. I also did 30 pushups and ran 3/4 of a mile in that CrossFit session. I’m going to go back as soon as my legs aren’t so sore.
- I ran my second day of Week 4 of Couch to 5k and it was brutal. My last run was cut about 30 seconds short because I just couldn’t do it. I am 100% sure I’m repeating Week 4 after this.
- My fiance and I went on a 3+ mile hike in Mission Trails Regional Park with our two Boxers and it was really, although really freaking hot. I got a little bit sunburned and burned over 500 calories doing it, so it was a success!
- We also just bought our wedding rings this week! We’re almost to the 1 month warning before our wedding, which is scary and exciting and exhilarating and everything. =)
- Rode my horse tonight in a late afternoon quick lope around the arena. There wasn’t anyone else riding and it had a nice peaceful quality to it. I love my horse so much!
- Went to the Farmer’s Market today again and picked up a load of delicious veggies/fruit including tomatoes, zucchini, strawberries, cherries, kale, chard, lettuce, and some more grass-fed steaks for dinner this week.
This week is another week, here’s to hoping I see better scale values and don’t have to resort to calorie counting again — the freedom of not counting every single calorie is awesome. But if it doesn’t work for me, it doesn’t work. We will see….
If you're enjoying my blog, would you consider following me on Bloglovin?